Bosch 500 series dishwashers are definitely reliable, durable and favorite dishwashers of many people. They are affordable with a good price, super quiet while operating and their performance is excellent. So do you need anything else? These Bosch dishwashers are certainly very attractive and valuable. We decided to evaluate the SHP865WD5N in this review, to show you why this 500 series dishwasher is the ideal for you. Although the Bosch 500 series existed for many years, Bosch has been always innovative manufacturer and it has innovated these dishwashers as well. Their sound level has been decreased, upgraded third rack has been introduced, AquaStop leak protection has become a standard etc. We highly recommend this Bosch dishwasher so continue reading this Bosch SHP865WD5N review and check out why it is on the list of best dishwashers.
Super quiet performance
We can summarize the performance of this dishwasher in one line – If you are looking for a super quiet dishwasher with a great set of features – look no further. This dishwasher comes up with a maximum sound level of 44 dB, which is extremely low sound for a dishwasher. This is only two dB above the quietest dishwasher in the US, the Bosch 800 SHXM78W55N dishwasher. Its operation is nearly silent, so you wouldn’t even know that your dishwasher is actually running. It’s simply quiet as that.
5 wash cycles and 6 wash options
Important features to be mentioned, are the wash cycles and options that this Bosch dishwasher offers. You get 5 different wash cycles:
- Normal – Which is recommended for normal, everyday use. It should be used for regularly soiled dishes, and the average time is around 135 minutes.
- Auto – This wash cycle first automatically tests how much dirty dishes are and then adjusts. This adjustment is done in order optimal cleaning to be achieved, with minimum water and energy spent.
- Heavy – This wash cycle is perfect for greasy pots and pans. Pre-soaking is recommended for obtaining better results.
- Rinse – This option offers you the flexibility to wait for a full load with removing unwanted odors from dishes. The cycle is simply fast and efficient rinsing dishes.
- Speed 60 Express wash – This cycle is ideal for fast and efficient cleaning freshly soiled glasses and dishes. The total operation lasts less than 60 minutes.
You also get the following 6 wash options:
- Delay – You can delay the start up to 24 hours.
- Half load – It will save you water and energy when you don’t have enough dishes for a full load.
- Sanitize – This option is ideal for chopping boards and baby bottles, or simply for people who want to make sure there are no bacteria on their dishes.
- Delicate – No need to worry about your delicate porcelain. Your delicate china will be secured with this wash option.
- Extra dry – This option raises drying temperature and increases drying time in order to provide super dry results.
- Extra scrub – This option is perfect for hard-to-clean greasy pots on cooking pans and pots, as it increases pressure and temperature in the lower rack.
This Bosch 500 series dishwasher offers you a really large capacity. You can fit up to 16 place settings, plus you can adjust the lower rack folding tines. Also, the RackMatic feature on the upper rack allows you to have an extra place for large pans and pots with configuring it in 9 different positions. This dishwasher has also an additional third rack, that you can use for cutlery and silverware cleaning, which is offering extra flexibility.
Same as other Bosch dishwashers, this Bosch 500 series dishwasher is Energy Star certified, which saves you energy and water and it is recommended for the environment.
Another feature of this dishwasher is the condensation drying. Instead of hard, forced drying, it uses hot temperature of the final wash cycle with the final goal to make the water naturally evaporate. Therefore, plastics will be safe from the potential melting by using heating elements.
Also, it comes up with 24/7 AquaStop leak protection, which is a great feature. By using special sensor system and precisely designed tub, when a leak occurs, it automatically shut down operation. And then, it pumps out the water in order to avoid any damage that water can do to the floor.
The overall design and appearance of the dishwasher will give you a feeling that is part of your kitchen. You can easily fit it with the rest of your kitchen and keep your stylish design.
Other features worth mentioning are the EasyGlide rack, InfoLight technology, FlexSpace Tines, AquaSensor, Bosch RackMatic system etc.
- Control type – Buttons
- Sanitize option – Yes
- Child lock option – No
- Number of wash cycles – 5
- Number of options – 6
- Tub material – Stainless steel
- Capacity – 16 place settings
- Delay start option – Yes
- Leak protection – Yes
- Sound level rating – 44 dB
- Concealed heating element – Yes
- Width – 23 9/16 in
- Depth – 23 ¾ in
- Height – 23 5/8 in
This Bosch dishwasher will impress you with its cleaning and drying capability, almost silent operation and all the other features that it offers. Its LoadSensor automatically detects the weight of the load, and accordingly saves water and energy if the number of dishes is fewer. With the delay start, you can easily choose a programme for the desired start time. This option gives you more convenience.
There is no need to speak more about the quiet operation, as it is operating at only 40-45 dB. This fact speaks for itself, that the operation of this dishwasher is extremely quiet and convenient!
Also, with the Bosch RackMatic system, you can easily adjust the upper rack so you can have maximum flexibility.
There is no doubt about its performance, all customer reviews tell that the performance of this Bosch dishwasher is really on a high-level, and your dishes will be clean and spotless!
So if you need a dishwasher that is reliable and offers quality and great value, you won’t be wrong with choosing this dishwasher, that we have analyzed in this Bosch SHP865WD5N review.